J1 Intern/Trainee Program


GEC offers two categories in career training program; Intern and Trainee. Both intern and trainee programs are cultural exchange programs which are not to serve as a work program. Thanks to these life changing programs, you will dive into American business practices and learn new skills that will help you be more successful today’s competitive job market.


Requirements to be an Intern

You must either be full-time university student or a recent graduate (within one year) at the internship start date. Your Internship training plan must be directly related to your academic field of study. Length of internship cannot exceed 12 months.

Requirements to be a Trainee

You must have a degree and at least one year of professional experience outside of the U.S. related to the proposed training, OR have five years of professional experience outside of the U.S. related to the proposed training. Your training programs must be directly related to your occupational field. Length of training program cannot exceed 18 months. Hospitality and tourism training programs are limited to 12 months.


Eligibility checkFill the application request/contact form to request an application. If you are eligible to apply, you will be interviewed by Exuberant a consultant. Afterwards, you will be given a participant account to proceed.
ApplicationFill the forms at your account and submit your documents (passport copy, proof of funds, diploma / certificates etc) and your training plan ( DS-7002). Your training plan should clearly describe what you will be doing during your time with your host organization, what skills you will learn, how cultural exchange will be encouraged, and how your performance will be measured.
EvaluationDuring the evaluation of your application all your documents, training plan and hour host site of activity will be screened carefully.
VisaIf/when the evaluation stage is completed successfully. The Visa Sponsor will send you a DS-2019 document allowing you to apply for a J1 visa.
Pre-departureOnce you get your visa, the visa sponsor will send you Career Training USA participant guide explaining all the details you should know and do before and after arrival. We will also assist you with travel arrangements, airport transportation.
ArrivalOnce you arrive in USA, Your visa sponsor will help you to apply for social security number, arrange temporary housing and meet your supervisor at the host organization.